Mario Cravo was born in Salvador in 1923 and is known as a sculptor, printmaker, designer, teacher. He studied with Pedro Ferreira in Salvador and then moved to Rio de Janeiro to work in the studio of sculptor Humberto Cozzo. Returning to Salvador he held his first solo exhibition in 1947 . In 1954, he starts teaching at the School of Fine Arts, Federal University of Bahia - UFBA. Between 1964 and 1965, lives in Berlin, sponsored by the Ford Foundation. He returned to Brazil in 1966, the year he obtained a doctorate in fine arts at UFBA and assumes the post of director of the Museum of Modern Art of Bahia - MEM / BA, a position he held until 1967. In 1994, he donated several works for the State of Bahia, which are located in the Parque Metropolitano de Pituaçu in Salvador. We were fortunate to have in June 2013 a private interview with Mario at his studio.